Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day One - Marty

Well… day one wasn't anything to write home about for me.  Which is ironic since… i'm writing home about it.  Monday is always my off day to work out.  It use to Friday but I would always find myself not working out on Monday so I decided if I'm going to make it work I need to work within my parameters.  So, I switched my off day from Friday to Monday. 
Food went pretty well for me.  Started off the morning late with my Metagenics shake at around 11. Then I had another one at 2:30.  I had my snack around 3:30, which was a green apple…. yummo!
Salmon seasoned with Ms. Dash
whole grain brown rice
side of steamer bag veggies
For dinner we went pretty basic.  As I've mentioned in our bio we are working off a very small budget as we are trying to save up for somethings to celebrate (like our 5 year anniversary and our trip in June… wooo!) and pay off the debt we have gotten ourselves into.   So, our first step in squeezing ever cent we have is a spending freeze.  We are trying not to spend any grocery money until we use up everything we have in our house.  My grandfather had generously sent us some omaha steaks and salmon a while back so I thawed the last of those, heated up some whole grain brown rice, and then made a steamer bag of target/archer farms veggies.  Nothing fancy or big, but plain, simple and good.  I always try to balance out my plate with way more veggies then anything else. 

Part of my healthy lifestyle change is to stop sitting on the couch and watching TV after dinner/Lorelai goes to bed.  So, last night I did some chores around the house and put some clothes away but then of course i got sucked into the bachelor… hello it was home visit week.  I have to keep some perspective you know ;)
Thats it for my first check in… here is hoping for a better today tomorrow.. guess its not really about hope is it more about will power and How bad do i want this...

1 comment: