Monday, February 21, 2011

Day One - Jami




Oh . . . day one. Never a fun day! Today was the day I jumped back on the wagon. Who knows what our blog will turn into, but what the heck . . . here I go!! My goal for the next 3 months is to become rededicated to lose additional weight, help motivate my awesome brother and beautiful inside and out sister in law, and anyone else who wonders how I've lost weight or wants to lose some of their own.

First of all, I slept in today. NORMALLY, I would have run this morning (on a really good day) been at work all day, and then yoga at 5:30, RUSHING IN RUSH HOUR!! Everyone needs yoga after that!! But today, was not that day. I slept in, not too late . . . maybe snoozed 5 times!! Did not run intervals, but did make it to work with my protein shake, microwave bacon, and appples for a snack. I was off to a good start with two slices of bacon, chocolate protein shake (thank you Metagenics) and green tea.

I ran to meet Cody at the dentist around 11. He is thinking about doing invisalign, which WOW what a ton of work before you actually decided to do it! He had a photoshoot, impressions and lots of chairtime. We left the office so hungry, we could not decide on lunch. Earlier in the day I was planning on a healthy salad, but without my snack ( I forgot it at work) I was starved. SO, we finally decided on Bill and Ruth's. Small ham with cheese on wheat. Water to drink, no chips.

Cody and I shopped the rest of the afternoon in south tulsa. On our way home, about 5:30 . . . yep, I missed yoga, we tried to decide on dinner. We decided on fresh guacamole and chicken burritos. Our grocery list was: Wholly Salsa, lettuce (spinach, iceberg or romaine), 1 lime, 2 roma tomoatoes, one red onion, one white onion, 1 red bell pepeer2 soft avocadoes, one block of cheddar cheese, one chicken breast, 1 bag of yellow corn chips, whole wheat tortillas, sour cream, and two cans of pinto beans. When we got home, cody chopped the tomatoes, red onion, lettuce and avocados. I shredded the cheddar cheese, combined the gucamole ingredients, heated and mashed the beans and heated the tortillas. Cody had cut the white onion and red bell pepper in halves for the grill. We always cover them in olive oil before placing on the grill. He grilled all three (veggies first) and we let them cool while we placed everything on the table. While he was grilling, I combined avocados, some chopped tomotoes, chopped red onion, one tbl spoon of mayo and two lime wedges for guacamole. It was yummy!! Total cook/prep time 20-30 minutes. The worst part was all the bowls from our ingredients to wash . . . thank you dishwasher.

All in all, a pretty good day one. Only one drink at dinner, then strictly mocktails the rest of the night. For tomorrow, I am planning on running at 5:15 in the morning, because I have work/school all day tomorrow. Let's hope I can be stricter tomorrow, oh by the way the burrito leftovers will make for a great taco salad tomorrow with salsa for dressing!!

Some dream of a white Christmas while you dream about a . . . . that's easy!! Beach Vacation

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Great Great first post. We'll have to try that recipe sometime!
    Biggest question… did the squirrel like his burrito?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squirrel actually sang . . this squirrel food is BANANAS B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

    ReplyDelete