Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time to Tighten the Belt

8 weeks until Costa Rica. That's not an official count, but that's what I have been thinking in my head all week. Friday is April 1st, only leaves two months to be beach ready!! I have been eating salads everyday for lunch. That is always key for me when trying to lose weight. I have been very diligent about going to the grocery store, packing my snacks and trying making healthy choices. Thanks to the 2nd job at the Y, I haven't skipped many workouts either!! Gut check time, realistically I'm looking to lose 15lbs before Costa Rica. My sacrifice, social drinking. With the exception of finals week (oh, i just felt a stab of anxiety) NO DRINKY DRINKY!! I calculated the following to keep me motivated: 6 drinks a week - don't judge! At an average of 110 calories per glass of white wine (my dear friend) I'm saving 5280 calories over the next 8 weeks!! Go me!! I'm also committing to Monday runs - how I loathe 5:15 on a Monday morning, lifting weights no less than two times a week, AND more YOGA. I can change tomorrow, I can even reset in the middle of the day if needed. It's not about where I came from, it cannot be changed. It's all about where I'm are going, how hard I'm willing to fight. Making myself a priority is one of the biggest challenges. If I can do it, you can do it. I see it everytime I'm at the Y. Start with 30 mintues two times a week for yourself. Find the time, make the time. Ok, one recipe and off to bed!! I should be doing a playlist, Thursday spin will be upset :)

No comments:

Post a Comment